The New York City Fire Department Bureau of Emergency Medical Services, also known as the FDNY EMS Command, or FDNY EMS, was established on March 17, 1996, following the merger of the New York City Fire Department and New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation's EMS division. FDNY EMS covers all five boroughs of New York City with Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Paramedic staffed ambulances. FDNY EMS controls the operation of all ambulances in the New York City 911 System. 67% of the ambulances in the 911 system are FDNY EMS municipal units while the remaining 33% of 911 system coverage is provided by hospital-based units which are staffed by paid hospital personnel who work in partnership with FDNY EMS. FDNY EMS maintains and controls Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD), and telemetry (online medical control).
Located at 131 Throop Avenue, around the corner from Woodhull Hospital, in the diverse neighborhood of Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.
Copyright © 2018 Station57cat - All Rights Reserved. This website is all about a fun kitty and is not associated with, supported by, or endorsed by the City of New York, or the FDNY.